Banubanu Wilderness Retreat
Get away from it all on your own private island.
At a Glance
Yours to Book
An eco wilderness retreat just a 15 minute flight in a light aircraft from Gove Airport
Deserted white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, sublime sunsets and 5 star cuisine.
How Many ?
Accommodation 2 exclusive cabins each for a couple and twin share tents for up to six more people
Fishing on MV Nomad Comfortable fishing for up to 6
How Much ?
From $336 per person per day.
Includes Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner and $50 per person per day royalties for traditional owners.
Book either or both of the cabins for 4 Nights or more and get a 10% discount, applied automatically by the booking form when you book. Cabin bookings include all meals, permit fees and a full day of activites
See Our All Inclusive Packages
We currently have 3 all inclusive packages, one of them likely will meet your Banubanu dreams and aspirations. They are based on the pricing and current offers shown on the site.
An Island Wilderness Retreat
Nestling into the sand dunes on the north tip of Bremer Island, between two pristine beaches and rocky headlands, Banubanu is part of a greater arena of beautiful offshore islands in the Arafura Sea. It has so much for nature lovers, fishermen and those who just want to chill out and relax.
Opportunities to Chill Out
Many of Banubanu’s guests agree that the very best experience comes from being able to relax in an ultra remote location. There is no internet or mobile phone coverage, unless you climb up the highest sand dune to get a signal. Banubanu grants you peace and quiet to think things over.
The Yolngu who live in north-eastern Arnhem Land and are its traditional owners. You can book a cultural tour if you would like to experience Yolgnu culture and art when you come to stay at Banubanu.
Escape to a Better Reality
The retreat and its fittings are made from local materials, some recovered from the island’s beaches, to keep a low impact on the surroundings. Guests are accommodated comfortably with eco friendly facilities that ensure Banubanu and the surrounding area remain in a pristine state.
Catch of the Day Everyday !
Fish for sport or fish for your dinner table in a place where the pristine beautiful seas have a rich bounty. The fishing in the waters around Bremer Island is world class and the stock of all varieties is abundant. First timers are literally guaranteed a big fish.
Enjoy healthily and skilfully prepared food during your stay at the retreat. Delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners crafted from the freshest and finest ingredients. The Retreat has a liquor licence and stocks a good range of wine, beer & spirits.Make your Mouth Water
All Inclusive Packages
- 4 Day Ultimate Island Experience
- $4,800 per couple
- Enjoy nature at its best and the cultural experiences at Banubanu Wilderness Retreat, Crabbing and fishing with indigenous Australians, 4WD island tours, Turtle and bird watching. Islands boat cruise, Cultural touring and insights
- For a couple for 3 days/2 nights in the Deluxe Hideaway CabinIncludes meals, permit fees, light aircraft transfers
- Valid 01 May - 30 Nov 2015, Min 2 adults
- 3 Day Island Chill Out
- $2,200 per couple
- Enjoy the beautiful tranquility of the Retreat and totally relax at this stunning and ultra remote location. No guided actvities to interupt the serenity (but these may be purchased on site if you change your mind).
- For a couple for 3 days/2 nights in the Beach CabinIncludes meals, permit fees, light aircraft transfers
- Valid 01 May - 30 Nov 2015, Min 2 adults
- 4 Day Grand Fishing Adventure
- $2,450 per person.
- Enjoy world class fishing from an 8-metre purpose built fishing boat in the pristine beautiful seas surrounding the Retreat. Abundant stock of all varieties. Fishing gear, bait, ice and lures are all provided.
- 4 Days/3 Nights in comfortable twin share tent.Includes meals, permit fees, light aircraft transfers
- Valid 01 May - 30 Nov 2015, Min 2 / Max 6 Adults
Important - Personal Baggage Limits
The included transfers by light aircraft from Gove Airport to Bremer Island airstrip:
Have a maximum baggage allowance per person of 15kg
Must be packed in soft bags.
All accommodation is inclusive of three meals, tea and coffee per day and of a royalty payment of $50 per person per day paid to the islands traditional owners. Breakfasts are 'Continental'.
These are low season prices good until the 1st April 2015
A minimum booking is 2 nights. There is a 10% discount for 4 or more nights for cabins.
$700 per Person per Day, includes optional full day of guided activities each day
Breakfasts can be delivered to enjoy in peace and quiet on the deck.
$600 per Person per Day, includes optional full day of guided activities each day
Twin Share Tents
$336 per Person per Day
Travel to Banubanu from Mainland
Light aircraft charter from Gove airport - $150 per person one-way.
$80 Per Person one way MV Nomad can take up to 10 passengers at a time. Larger vessels can be arranged.
Exclusive Use of the Retreat
Banubanu can be booked for the exclusive use of individuals and groups. Prices on Application.
Fishing Charters from Banubanu
Half Day - $225 Per Person - Minimum 3 Maximum 6 fishing
Full Day - $380 Per Person - Minimum 3 Maximum 6 fishing
Activities include; Cultural Experience, Indigenous fishing and crabbing, Island Tour, Bush Walking, Bird & Turtle Watching, Island boat cruise - $80 per hour when guided.
Included with Cabin Bookings
Cabin Bookings includes a full day of guided activities each day, other than fishing charters.
Dining Only Visits
Bring Your Own Boat - $60 per Person With a Boat Transfer - $215 Per Person
Bring Your Own Boat for a delicious Two Course Dinner - $70 p/p
We cater for large group functions of up to 30 people - POA.